The people that brought you the Unrevoked tool for rooting devices back in the day, and the people that brought you the AlphaRev rooting tool have joined forces and come up with a new tool to root, gain S-Off, and load a custom recovery on a decent list of devices. This tool is called Revolutionary. Here’s the devices it is known to work on and here’s how to use it.
I. Before You Begin
1. This is a DEVELOPER release, so it isn’t the easiest method as of yet. They will release more stable versions as time goes on, this version is if you really can’t wait, but keep in mind there will be bugs to iron out in the initial versions.
2. List of devices the developers claim it works on:
Revolutionary currently supports the following Android phones and HBOOT versions:
- HTC Desire (bravo) 0.93.0001, 1.02.0001
- HTC Desire CDMA (bravoc) 1.06.0000
- HTC Wildfire (buzz) 1.01.0001
- HTC Aria (liberty) 1.02.0000
- HTC Incredible S (vivo) 1.09.0000 and 1.13.0000
- HTC Droid Incredible 2 (vivow) 0.97.0000 (Gingerbread only!)
- HTC Desire S (saga) 0.98.0000 and 0.98.0002
- HTC View (express) 1.09.0000 and 1.13.0000
- HTC Flyer (flyer) 1.10.0000, 1.11.0003
- HTC Sensation (pyramid) 1.17.0006, .0008, .0011 and .0012, 1.18.0000
- HTC Evo 3D (shooter) 1.30.0000 and 1.40.0000
- HTC EVO 3D GSM (shooteru) 1.49.0007, 1.49.0008
- HTC Thunderbolt (mecha) 1.04.0000, 1.05.0000
- HTC EVO 4G (supersonic) 2.15.0001, 2.16.0001
- HTC myTouch Slide 4G (doubleshot) 1.44.0007HTC MyTouch 4G (glacier) – You must do our how to downgrade method first then come back to this one.
Revolutionary will permanently unlock NAND write protection by default on the following phones:
- HTC Sensation (pyramid)
- HTC Evo 3D (shooter)
- HTC EVO 3D GSM (shooteru)
- HTC myTouch Slide 4G
3. If you are using Windows, download and install these Fastboot drivers.
II. Gain S-Off
1. Download the latest version of the tool from the developers here (the initial versions require you to generate a beta key for you to use the program, just follow the steps to do so. If it lets you download the program without a beta key, then it’s a newer version than at the time of writing this, just continue):
2. Plug in your device.
3. Select charge only if the option exists on your device, or just do NOT mount the SD Card.
4. On your device, click on Settings > Applications > Development > Turn USB Debugging ON.
5. Find the Revolutionary program you downloaded and unzip it somewhere.
6. Right click it and select Open as Administrator (if you do not have that option when you right click, simply select Open).
7. Input your beta key you received and wait for it to do it’s thing (if you are using a newer version of Revolutionary then it might not ask you for this. If that is the case, just continue).
III. Flash a Custom Recovery Image
1.. Once done gaining S-Off, it will ask you if you want to flash clockworkmod recovery, type in y and hit enter.
2. Once it is done flashing the recovery image it will close the command prompt window.
3. On your phone, you should see S-Off at the top.
4. Take out the battery and put it back in.
5. Turn on the device, by holding down volume down and power until the screen boots up.
6. Push volume down and then power to select recovery.
7. If the phone reboots to the clockworkmod recovery screen you are all set.
IV. Gain Root Access.
1. With the phone still in clockworkmod recovery from the last step, plug it in via USB cable.
2. Select Mounts and Storage by using the volume buttons to move and power to select.
3. Then select mount sdcard (the sd card directory should pop up on your computer screen)
4. Download the root .zip file and save it to your computer (do NOT extract it)
5. Copy the root .zip file to the root of your sdcard and wait for it to transfer (not in any folders, just on the sd card itself).
6. On your device, select unmount sdcard.
7. On your device, select go back.
8. Then select Install zip from sdcard and choose the root .zip file.
9. Wait for it to flash, once done, select reboot system now.
10. Once your device reboots, open the app drawer and you should see Superuser permissions there. If so, you are all set, you are rooted, have S-Off and a custom recovery image.
V. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional)
1. Head to our How To Load a Custom ROM on your Android Phone After the Revolutionary Method procedure.
2,252 total views, 1 views today