A lot of people have been emailing me and asking how they can use Bluetooth tethering on their T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 (most of them coming from our How to Flash a Custom ROM on the Galaxy Gear procedure and wanting to connect the Gear to their Galaxy Note 3). My response at first was, “go to settings and turn it on”. Soon though, I realized that T-Mobile has actually taken out the Bluetooth tethering feature from their version of the Galaxy Note 3. Why, you ask? Good freaking question. They are the only carrier that did this and, for the life of me, I can’t figure out why the did. Regardless though, thanks to an XDA developer (as usual) there is a custom ROM you can flash to get it back.
Admittedly, your average Galaxy Note 3 owner, won’t need to use this procedure, but those using the Gear and our custom ROM procedure will if they want to get internet on the Gear. So here it is for you guys that asked.
Thanks for sending it in!
I. Root the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3
1. Head to our How to Root the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 video, finish it, and return here to continue.
II. Flash a Custom Recovery on the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3
1. Head to our How to Flash a Custom Recovery on the Galaxy Note 3 (when you choose your custom CWM recovery, choose the one at the top that says n900t-cwm-recovery-18.104.22.168(1116).tar), finish it, and return here to continue.
III. Flash the Custom ROM with Bluetooth Tethering Enabled
1. Download the ROM file from the developer’s page here and save it to your Desktop of you computer(it’s the link under Android File Host that says Dragonsair). Don’t forget to thank or donate to the developer if this ends up helping you!
2. Head to this procedure and just do Section IV to figure out how to flash a custom ROM and use the ROM .zip file you downloaded in the step above instead of searching our ROM Repository in step one and continue with that until it is flashed and you’re device reboots.
3. After that you should have a ROM that has the bluetooth tethering open now available. Enjoy!
11,101 total views, 2 views today