Got your Galaxy Note 3 rooted and now wish to flash a custom recovery on it? No problem, this guide should help you do that. As soon as a root method became available for the device, developers began their work to develop a custom recovery for the device and they successfully accomplished it. The guide below shows how you can flash a custom recovery on your Galaxy Note 3, so go ahead and do it right away!
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before you can do this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 procedure first, finish it, then return to this one and continue (if you have a T-Mobile version, here is a video how to for that version).
2. This should work on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. CWM Recovery (Download the appropriate recovery for your device)
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
1. Download and place both the files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Odin archive over to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll open.
4. Click on PDA and select the CWM Recovery file you downloaded earlier to your Desktop.
5. Make sure to uncheck the box labeled as Repartition.
6. Checkmark the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Turn it back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
10. Hit Start in the Odin and it’ll begin flashing the recovery on your device.
11. Once the recovery’s been flashed, your device will automatically reboot.
12. And you’re all done!
Excellent! You’ve successfully flashed CWM Recovery on your Galaxy Note 3!
1,003 total views, 3 views today