It’s finally here. Thanks to the evasi0n team, the iOS 7 jailbreak is here (and just in time for Christmas). As with most of their jailbreaks, you simply need to plug in and run their super simple program to jailbreak the iPhone, iPad, or iPod. With that in mind though, there are a few things you should definitely know/do before you click that big blue jailbreak button (backing up being a biggie). Here’s our how to to make this as smooth as possible.
Worried about this? Here’s our how to unjailbreak your iPhone video to see how easy that is.
Note: Cydia and the apps inside are still not updated for iOS 7 so most of them don’t work yet. Now that the jailbreak is released, those developers will slowly start to update their apps to work with iOS 7.
I. Before You Begin
1. This works on all iPhone and iPads (and iPods) running on iOS 7 – iOS 7.0.4. If you have a different version or device, please check our Jailbreaking section for the video on how to jailbreak your particular device and firmware version.
2. This works on Windows and Mac (simply download your version of the jailbreaking software when necessary).
3. You must have the latest version of iTunes installed. If not, head here, download, and install the version there.
II. Disable Your Passcode
1. Tap on Settings.
2. Tap on General.
3. Tap on Auto-Lock and change it to Never.
4. Hit back.
5. Tap Touch ID & Passcode (or it’s just Passcode on devices besides the iPhone 5S) and tap Turn Passcode Off.
6. Enter your current passcode to confirm.
III. Perform a Backup
1. Plug in your iPhone / iPad into your computer via the USB cable.
2. Open iTunes on your computer.
3. Click Back Up Now.
IV. Jailbreak your iPhone / iPad / iPod
1. Download the latest version of the Evasi0n jailbreak for your computer and save it to your computer (remember if this all works for you to donate or at least thank them for making this possible and so simple).
2. Double click the .dmg file if using a Mac and install the Evasion program (if using Windows right-click the .zip file and click Extract all then double click the exe file inside to install the program).
3. Click on Jailbreak.
4. Unlock the phone screen when prompted.
5. Tap the Evasi0n app icon on your device’s homescreen and wait for it to reboot.
6. Exit the Evasi0n app when it’s done and you should see Cydia on your device now.
Issue: Device gets stuck on Apple logo after the jailbreak says it is done on the computer.
How to Restore an Unresponsive iPhone / iPad (Video)
3,213 total views, 1 views today